- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Plum sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Add vegetables, ginger and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in sauce mixture; cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place about 1 tablespoon filling in center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten wrapper edges with water. Fold 1 corner diagonally over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal.
- For shallow fry: In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with plum sauce.
1 wonton: 70 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
This Recipe is provided by Taste Made if you would like more info click here.