Looking for the perfect complementary side for your summer BBQ? Or, perhaps a comforting main dish when it's a bit cooler out? Our Southern Berkshire Bacon-fried Cabbage is here to help.
Keto-friendly, easy to make with a few ingredients. Enjoy!
Time | 30 minutes Serves | 6
1 large head Cabbage, cored and chopped
1 large Yellow Onion, chopped
8-12 strips Nicolosi Hickory-smoked Berkshire Bacon
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
3/4 cup chopped Chives, reserve some for garnish
1 tablespoon Salt
1 tablespoon Pepper
- Add olive oil to large pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, remove from pan, rough chop, keep bacon fat in pan.
- Add onion to pan, continue to cook over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes, add garlic.
- Add cabbage and bacon, mix with onions, season with salt and pepper, add paprika and garlic powder.
- Lower heat, cook until cabbage is soft, add chives, mix.
- Transfer to plate, garnish with more chives.